Career Center Services
|Our Career Center locations are available to all job seekers at no charge. They are staffed with job search pros, equipped with the latest technology, who can assist you in all phases of your search, provide you with unmatched resources, and assist you in finding suitable employment. The hours are 8-5. The Killeen location is open until 7pm on Tuesdays.
We provide assistance in the preparation of your resume and cover letter.
Labor market information is available in electronic and print format. Research in-demand occupations, pay scales, hot jobs for the future, company information, and other data on local, national, and international labor markets.
If you do not have access to a computer for your job searches or to compose resumes or other job-related correspondence, visit our Career Centers where we have state-of-the-art computers with no, or minimal, waiting. The busiest times are between 10am and 2pm.
Career Exploration. We have interest inventory software, as well as written material to assist you in researching your career options. Explore the various careers that you are interested in for pay, working conditions, future demand, and the needed skills so that you can see how you match up.
Interactive Workshops. Workshops are available at no cost, to assist you with every aspect of your job search. Topics may include Interviewing, How to Properly Complete Applications, Organizing your Job Search, How to Start Your Own Business, and many more.
For scheduled workshops offered by the Central Texas Workforce System, click HERE
The Internet. We'll show you how to use the Internet to make your job search productive. There are literally hundreds of Internet based job banks for you to search at the local, national, and international levels. Our staff will help you to sort through the clutter to find the position you are seeking.
Copiers and fax machines are available for employment related purposes. Check with your local center for their use policy.
Additional programs available for job seekers who qualify.
Besides the Career Centers, Central Texas Workforce provide a number of other programs to those who qualify. Our staff in the Career Centers can refer you to the department that oversees the program you are interested in.
These programs/services include:
- Sponsored Training (WIA) - funds job training programs to improve the employment prospects of adults, youth, and dislocated workers. ("There is a time-limited eligibility period.
- Experience Works- specializes in helping job seekers over 55 years of age find employment.
- CHOICES - specializes in helping job seekers who receive Temporary Assistance to Needy Families or Food Stamp E&T find employment.
- Child Care Services (CCS) - helps job seekers with their child care needs. It also assists contracted child care providers in raising the level of quality child care delivery.
- Educational Lab - helps individuals achieve their GED. It may also be used for skill upgrades in math, language, TASP preparation and typing tutorials.